Partial Hospitalization Program
In order to better serve our patients and their families, Trinity Teen Solutions is proud to provide a Partial Hospitalization Program, also known as PHP at our sister program Heavens Peak Behavioral Health Services. After residential treatment, many patients transition into standard outpatient care, which includes weekly sessions of individual therapy, and possibly group therapy as well. However, a transition from 40 hours a week of therapeutic care to 1 or 2 per week can be disorienting. It’s easy for patients to default back into old patterns of behavior, forgetting the many new tools and skills that they learned in residential therapy.
Our Partial Hospitalization Program bridges this gap. It can also act as an alternative to residential care as long as it’s implemented before a patient has reached a crisis point. PHP programs provide a balance between the 24-hour supervision of a residential program and the minimal therapeutic support of regular outpatient programs. During a partial hospitalization program, patients can practice skills learned in therapy while they transition into regular life at home, work, and in the community. When patients return home each evening, they’re able to continue learning and practicing self-management and coping skills in a home setting.
Our Partial Hospitalization Program Is Suitable for Patients Who…
- Are experiencing acute psychiatric symptoms which limit their ability to participate in home, school, and social activities.
- Need more therapeutic support than what is available at home, or in a minimal outpatient setting.
- Do not present a threat to themselves, or to others around them.
- Have a home setting which can provide support outside of therapy.
- Are able and willing to be a part of group therapy settings.
- Have reliable transportation to and from the program’s location.
Our Partial Hospitalization Program Includes:
- 8 hours per day of therapeutic care (totaling 40-56 hours per week) including individual, family, and group therapy with licensed counselors.
- Personalized treatment programs for each patient, utilizing therapeutic methodology customized for her unique needs and situation.
- Medication management by a certified professional.
- Continuation of patient’s schooling with the collaboration of parents, program managers, and educators.
- Family-focused therapy to address challenges as they arise, and troubleshoot challenges in communication and behavior in a family setting.
- Development and application of important social skills such as impulse control, boundary-setting, respect for authority, and communication.
- Development and application of personal coping skills, including self-soothing, emotional regulation, mindfulness, and distress tolerance.