Sending Your Daughter Away Isn’t Easy
Sending your troubled daughter away into the care of somebody else is never an easy decision. As a parent, you feel it is your role to always be there for your daughter, and when you send her to an organization such as Trinity Teen, we realize that it can feel to you as if you aren’t there for your daughter. But it doesn’t have to be that way. At Trinity Teen Solutions, we understand the importance of families and the role they play in the healing and reformation process, and we work hard to incorporate parents and families into our treatment program.
Families Play an Important Role in the Healing Process
Of course, we also realize that it is often difficult for parents to know how best to help their daughters. Many parents who decide to send their daughters to our treatment center feel as though they have done everything they can to help them and nothing has worked. They often feel frustrated and confused and don’t know where to turn for help. That is when we step in to guide both the teen and their parents to living better lives, getting back on the right path, and working together to strengthen their relationships and become a stronger family.
Here’s How You Can Help Your Daughter
If you are a parent who has decided to send your daughter to Trinity Teen Solutions, we want you to know that you have made a good choice and your daughter is in good hands. We also want you to know that your role in the healing process is important and essential. If you are confused about how you can best help your daughter get back on the right path, here are our suggestions as to how you can help.
- Be an example of the type of person you want your daughter to be.
- Participate in our family system therapy program.
- Understand the difference between accepting and loving your daughter and accepting and loving her current behavior.
- Work with us to learn how to accept your daughter without enabling her behaviors, and learn how to enforce rules without damaging relationships.
- Frequently check up on your daughter and remind her how much you love her.
- Recognize which aspects of your family life are healthy and which ones need improvement.
- Work together with your daughter to solve your problems instead of attacking your daughter because you think she is causing the problems.
All in all, your daughter’s success is dependent upon a few basic principles, including her realizing that her current behaviors are wrong, her understanding that her parents, family members, and the staff at Trinity Teen want what’s best for her, and how strong her family ties are, among others. With your help, we can get your daughter back on the right track to living a healthy and productive life. Call us today to see how we can work together to help your daughter.